A long distance christmas, anniversary celebration or Valentines Day and more can be challenging! Navigating through the calendar year comes with its fair share of special days that tug at our heartstrings, especially when miles separate us from our loved ones. Yet, distance should not be a deterrent but a challenge to get more creative and expressive. With a shared calendar app like Cupla, marking those special days with the warmth they deserve just got easier. Here’s a lowdown on how you can make the most of your long-distance relationship (LDR) on such occasions:
Read more: Awesome long distance date night ideas
Christmas is a time of togetherness, a time to share joy and laughter with those we hold dear. However, when you’re in a long-distance relationship, the miles in between can feel a tad bit longer during the holiday season. But fear not! With a bit of creativity, you can still share the Christmas cheer with your significant other, making it memorable. Here’s how:
Celebrating Christmas over long distance:.
- Making Christmas meals together: So much of Christmas is about the food, but just as important is enjoying the meal with someone else! You could both cook the same recipe and enjoy it (or even cook it) together over a video call.
- Long distance gift exchange: Unwrap gifts together over a video call. It’s not about the gifts but the shared joy of giving and receiving.
- Enjoy music together: Make a shared playlist of your favorite Christmas tunes. Add songs that remind you of each other or have special meaning to your relationship.
- DIY decorations: Find a fun Christmas decoration you can both make and jump on a video call to share the process together!
- Christmas movie marathon: Pick a few favorite Christmas movies, synchronize playtime, and watch together while video calling.
Valentine’s Day is the epitome of romance and love, a day when couples express their love for each other through gestures, gifts, and quality time spent together. However, being in a long-distance relationship can pose a unique set of challenges. With some planning, you can make Valentine’s Day a memorable occasion. Here’s your guide to painting the town red, virtually:
Long distance Valentine’s Day date ideas
- Long distance movie night: Pick a romantic movie that you both have been wanting to see or re-watch a favorite that holds special memories. Use a synchronized streaming service to watch the movie together in real time. Sharing can make it feel like you’re right there with each other.
- Virtual tours: Take a virtual tour of a museum, art gallery or a city you both dream of visiting someday.
- Online games: Play online games together. It’s a fun way to bond and share some laughs – especially if you’re the competitive type.
- Playlist of love: Create a shared playlist of songs that remind you of each other or your relationship. Listen to it together and share your thoughts and memories.
- Sunrise or sunset watch: Wake up early to watch the sunrise or stay up for the sunset, sharing this serene experience over a video call.
- Love letters: Pen down your feelings in a heartfelt letter. Digital or handwritten, a love letter is a timeless gesture.
- Poetry reading: Share your love for each other through poetry. Read out your favorite love poems or perhaps some original verses.
- Surprise delivery: Arrange for a surprise delivery of flowers, chocolates or a special Valentine’s Day hamper to show your love.
As the clock winds down on the old year, the anticipation of new beginnings stirs in our hearts. Especially for couples in long-distance relationships, the promise of a fresh start and dreams of a future spent together kindle warm sentiments. Here’s how you can bridge the miles as you bid adieu to the old and welcome the new:
Ideas for celebrating New Year’s Day over long distance:
- Synchronize your countdown: Use the Cupla app to synchronize your countdown to midnight. Even if you’re in different time zones, you can still experience the joy of counting down together in real-time.
- Virtual toast: Have your champagne or preferred beverages ready, and when the clock strikes twelve, raise a toast to each other over a video call, cherishing the moment together. And if you’re in different countries, do it all over again when it’s midnight where your loved one is!
- Fireworks display: If your city has a fireworks display, share the spectacle with your partner via video call. Alternatively, you can watch a live broadcast of a fireworks display together.
- Collect memories: Compile photos, tickets, and other memorabilia from the past year into a digital album. Share this with each other as a way to celebrate your journey so far.
- New Year message for long distance partner: Craft a heartfelt message for your boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband or partner, expressing your love, appreciation, and hopes for the year ahead. It could be in the form of a letter, a digital note, or even a video message.
- Share your resolutions: Discuss your personal and couple resolutions for the upcoming year. It’s a great way to align your goals and look forward to achieving them together.
- Bucket list: Create a shared bucket list of things you want to do together in the new year. It’s a fun and hopeful way to look forward to the times you’ll share.
Birthdays are not just a personal milestone, but a celebration of one’s existence and the joy they bring into the world. When in a long-distance relationship, birthdays demand a touch of out-of-the-box thinking to bridge the physical gap and ensure the celebratory spirit remains undiminished. Here’s how you can traverse the milestone miles with love and joy:
Long distance birthday ideas:
- Gift experiences: Book an experience for them, like a relaxing spa day, a cooking workshop, or tickets to a concert of a band they love. Even from afar, you can make their day special with a thoughtful experience.
- Plan a virtual party: Invite friends and family via a video conferencing platform and share the link with all attendees. To spice things up, decide on a fun theme for the party. Everyone could dress up, and even the decorations could align with the theme. Plan some online games or activities to keep everyone engaged. From online charades to trivia, there are heaps of options.
- Cake cutting ceremony: Have a cake delivered to your partner and enjoy the cake cutting ceremony virtually – and yes, singing happy birthday will be mandatory!
- Compile wishes: Reach out to friends and family to record short birthday messages. Compile these into a video and share it with your partner. It’s a beautiful way to show how loved and cherished they are.
- Movie night or dinner date: Spend quality time together by watching a movie or having a dinner date over video call. Pick a film or a meal that you both love and enjoy the shared experience.
Anniversaries are a beautiful way to reminisce about the love journey you’ve embarked upon together. They mark the milestones of your relationship, each year brimming with shared memories, learned lessons, and a stronger bond. Even in a long-distance relationship, you can bridge the distance and celebrate your love in a memorable way. Here’s how:
Long distance anniversary date ideas:
- Recreate your first date: Plan a virtual date where you both recreate your first date. Dress up, set the table similarly, and reminisce about that special day.
- Dine under the stars: If the weather permits, take your devices outside and have a romantic dinner under the stars while video calling.
- Online adventure: Take an online class or workshop together. Whether it’s a cooking class, a painting workshop, or a dance lesson, learning something new together can be a fun and bonding experience.
- Memory lane: Create a digital photo album or a video montage of your journey together and watch it together. It’s a beautiful way to reminisce and appreciate the journey you’ve had..
- Star gazing: End the day by star gazing together while on a video call. It’s a peaceful and romantic way to wind down your special day.
Long-distance relationships can thrive during special days with a dash of creativity and the use of digital tools like Cupla. It’s about making memories, cherishing old traditions, and creating new ones together. So, no matter the miles between, the heartstrings play the melody of togetherness, loud and clear.Trial Cupla, the relationship management app designed exclusively for couples, for free today on iOS or Android.