From spicy dares to intimacy quizzes, these 9 apps for better sex and wellbeing are perfect for couples looking to explore, learn and experience new and exciting ways to be together.
Read more: 11 Best Apps for Couples in 2022
Sometimes the key to better sex for a couple is simple: more time together. There’s nothing that sends sparks flying more than quality time, and Cupla is an app that helps you get more of it.
Cupla includes a shared calendar, shared to-do lists, and a date-night planner that make it super easy to coordinate your lives together. This means less time on niggly admin, and more time for just you two.
One of our favourite features? Cupla analyses your shared calendar and suggest prime times for dates, shared events and other special occasions that fit you and your partner’s busy schedules. No more scheduling conflicts or missed anniversaries, just more quality time. What you choose to do with that time is up to you ;).
Pro Tip: Why not have fun with Cupla’s shared to-do list and add things you want to try with your partner? Check out 23 fantastic ideas to add to your couples to-do list for inspiration.
- Synchronised shared calendar for automatic suggestions of best date night times.
- Built-in to-do list to keep track of shared desires, date night ideas, or gifts.
- In-app restaurant and activity booking for an easier start to the evening.
Pillow was originally an app, but is now a set of 35 mindful audio “practices”, created by industry experts to help couples reignite their spark.
These audio practices come in many flavors. One example is “The Art of Noticing”, which guides couples in observation without judgement. Meanwhile, “15 Kisses” suggests 15 kisses of varying intensity and location to spice things up. There’s even one section called “Time Bomb”, which features a countdown to action, intended to remind users that anticipation is a big part of the pleasure of intimacy.
All these exercises are designed to build a stronger physical and emotional connection between partners, providing you with the time, space and direction required to appreciate each other on a deeper level.
It’s a great way to develop a re-energising blast of sexual inspiration, whether that’s with the aim of strengthening your relationship, reconnecting post-baby, or just finding new ways to relax and get in sync with one another.
- Diverse range of guided audio practices for greater intimacy.
- No need to prep or plan. Just hit play and follow along.
- Designed by relationship and sex experts for proven results.
Kindu has made an appearance on our list of the 11 Best Apps for Couples in 2022 – but it’s such a great app for couples questions that we have to mention it again!
Kindu is an app that empowers couples to explore their relationship and connection through a virtual deck of cards that present games, prompts and intimacy-building questions.
Each card offers a specific prompt, question or challenge, such as the “Nighty Night” card, which calls for the couple to designate a specific lingerie night, or the “Meltdown” card, which instructs the couple to draw a bubble bath and explore a more relaxed form of intimacy.
If you like a card, rate it up. If you don’t like it, rate it down. Kindu only shows the cards that both you and your partner liked the idea of, ensuring that you both only ever see things you’re both down for.
If none of the standard cards work for you or you have a sudden burst of inspiration, you can create your own wildcards to secretly add to your partner’s regular questions. This is a great way to open a dialogue about something intimate that you might otherwise find awkward to bring up.
- Virtual deck of cards presented through an app for couples questions, games and prompts.
- Easy to follow instructions that range from quick and easy to advanced and intimate.
- Adjust your deck with a rating system or with your own customised cards.
The Desire app is like truth or dare – but without the truth option.
You and your partner send each other dares, choosing from hundreds in different categories such as “Roleplay & Fantasy” and “Dress Code”. Or, if none of them work for you, you can come up with your own.
Each dare is worth a certain number of points. Complete the dare, and you get the points. Refuse the dare, and your partner gets the points instead!
A few rounds of these dares and whoever ends up with the points, wins. But at the end of the final round, all those spicy dares being completed will mean you’ll both end up winners.
If you and your partner thrive in competition, this is a great way to indulge your adventurous side and learn about each other’s desires at the same time.
- Send spicy dares back and forth between you and your partner.
- Earn points to engage in some friendly competition.
- Experience a range of dares from vanilla to Extra Hot.
Retaining a sense of intimacy is one of the hardest parts of being away from your partner, whether the relationship is long-distance or one partner is on an extended trip.
OhMiBod connects people on an intimate level regardless of their location by allowing remote control of vibrators through the OhMiBod Remote App. The app can be controlled manually, or it can be synced up to your favourite music.
While it does require the use of specific brands of toys, OhMiBod is an awesome way to stay “in touch” even if you’re not physically close.
- Connect with your partner’s sex toy and control it remotely.
- Sync up the sex toy vibrations to favourite music.
- Customise the vibes with presets, tap patterns, and a unique “tortoise and hare” speed control.
Lover takes a scientific approach to sex and love, offering a self-guided sex-positive course designed by real doctors based on scientific evidence. Within, you’ll find guidance for intimacy such as kegel exercises and Coital Alignment Technique, designed for both men and women who may have trouble with sexuality in its many forms.
Best of all, when things get tough, there are in-app experts on-hand to provide more personalised guidance.
When the world is flooded with questionable information about love, sex and wellbeing, Lover offers the ring of truth with the swipe of a finger.
- Sex positive intimacy course designed by medical professionals.
- Science-based and evidence-backed exercises for improved sex.
- In-app experts can step in for tailored advice and answers to unique questions.
7. Sex Keeper
Is there anything more guaranteed to get someone hot and bothered than numbers and statistics? No, wait, hear us out!
The Sex Keeper app helps you track your sex life. This includes where, when, how much, how often, for how long, in what positions, and how much fun you had (yes, it has a specific orgasm tracker). It even tracks how many calories you burned.
But don’t be fooled, this isn’t an app just for giggles. Tracking the quality of you and your partner’s sex life will help you identify what works for both of you – and just as importantly, what doesn’t – resulting in better sex, more often.
Sex Keeper isn’t just about breaking down the numbers. It’s about removing guesswork in intimacy.
- Track important sex statistics like duration, location, positions and number of orgasms.
- Easy to follow graphs that make it simply to find what works and what doesn’t.
- Includes Kama Sutra guidance to help you switch things up on the fly.
Honi is all about breaking the ice with questions and requests that you may never have thought – or dared – to ask your partner. This includes avenues to share fantasies, positions to try out, Would You Rather?’s, and tips on improving intimacy.
The secondary features of Honi are what really makes it great though. It has a relationship timeline so you can remember your favourite moments (and perhaps relive them?). It has a private chat that’s great for secure, intimate discussions and pictures. And, yes, it has a shared calendar too (though we think that Cupla has them beat there 😉 ).
- Dares, questions, prompts and fantasies for both you and your partner.
- Private chat and in-app notifications for better communication.
- Shared timeline of important moments between you and your loved one.
iKamasutra offers an easy, accessible way for two partners to explore more than one hundred sexual positions, ranging from positions ideal for beginners right through to options designed for true grand master of the tantric.
While there are lots of apps that provide guidance on Kama Sutra, iKamasutra is one-of-a-kind in quality. It offers tastefully drawn diagrams, easy to follow instructions and guidance, and position favoriting and tracking to help you and your partner find what works – and what doesn’t.
Our favorite feature? Not only can you sort positions by intimacy, complexity and strength requirements, but you can even search for positions used in your favorite movies. Now that’s next-level roleplay.
- Tasteful, easy-to-understand guide to 200+ Kamasutra positions.
- Detailed instructions and tips for every position.
- Position tracking to help you and your partner figure out your favorites.
Sometimes, all you need for better sex and wellbeing as a couple is a dedicated date night to spend quality time together. Cupla helps you find the right time for both of you through a dedicated and synchronised shared calendar system, along with tips, tricks and suggestions on what to do and where to do it.